- May 7, 2013 - Lake County Council for Seniors 31st Annual Volunteer Recognition Luncheon
- Preston Helgren 10 year ElderCARE volunteer named the very FIRST 'Senior Volunteer of the Year' from among 13 Outstanding Senior Volunteers honored! Imagine our surprise when Gurnee's Mayor Kristina Kovarik announced his name.
- Check out our Facebook page for pictures.
- May 1, 2013 Volunteer Recognition Luncheon - 11:30 am
- Christ Church 410 Grand Ave. Waukegan, IL
- "Follow the Yellow Brick Road (Care of Mind, Body, Spirit)"
- Colleen Caron, RNC, MS Alexian Brothers Behavioral Health Hospital
- Check out our Facebook page for pictures!
- Special thanks to
- CherDan Event Consultants for a simple but delicious lunch
- Sam's Club Gurnee for a beautiful cake!
- February 27, 2013 from 7 pm - 9 pm Lake County Consortia (Lake County, North Chicago, Waukegan) public hearing to finalize 2013 CDBG funding decisions for annual action plan. 10th floor Lake County Administrative Building, 18 N. County St., Waukegan, IL.
- January 23, 2013 - February 27, 2013 Public Comment period open for annual action plan draft. Please click here to review a sample letter of support for ElderCARE and instructions regarding where to send your comments.
- January 23, 2013 from 7 pm - 9 pm. Lake County Consortia (Lake County, North Chicago, Waukegan) public hearing to announce 2013 CDBG funding decisions for annual action plan. 10th floor Lake County Administrative Building, 18 N. County St., Waukegan, IL. ElderCARE receives initial positive funding recommendation from Lake County and Waukegan. (Application not made to North Chicago.)
- November 29, 2012 10 am - 1 pm Caregiver Resource Fair VA Hospital (main lobby) North Chicago, IL.
- November 20, 2012 from 9-11 am Legislative Forum -meet the new legislators share about the concerns of older adults and how the legislators can make a difference. State Bank of the Lakes 50 Commerce Drive Grayslake IL (corner of Center and Commerce just east of Atkinson Road) .
- Welcome to 5 new volunteers trained in Oct/Nov. 2012
- September 6, 2012 from 9:00 a.m to 12:00 p.m., Senior Heath Fair hosted by State Senator Dan Duffy and State Rep. Ed Sullivan at Libertyville Sports Complex, 1950 N. Hwy. 45, Libertyville.
- September 8, 2012 from 9:00 to 1:00 p.m., Waukegan Township Walk for Seniors at Victory Park (next to Vista East Medical Center), 1324 N. Sheridan Road, Waukegan.
July 21, 2012 - Thanks to all who made our 3rd annual "Rides for Elders" Benefit Car Show a wonderful event!
to see our event flyer.
to download our sponsorship form.
for a car registration form.
May 23, 2012 - Dick Haas recognized as an Outstanding Senior Volunteer for 2012 by the Lake County Council for Seniors. Click here to view pictures of the 30th annual luncheon, held at Maravilla's in Fox Lake.
May 1, 2012 - ElderCARE Volunteer Recognition Luncheon
April 21, 2012 - Russ Campbell, long time ElderCARE volunteer, honored with a prestigious I CARE award! Click here to see a picture of Russ with State Senator Susan Garrett and Kevin Tibble of NBC News.
to our 16 new volunteers trained at Millburn Community Church Saturday, Oct. 29. 2011!
to our six new volunteers trained at St. Dismas Catholic Church Saturday, August 20, 2011!
July 9, 2011 2nd annual Rides for Elders Benefit Car Show
Thanks for joining us!!! Together we raised over $4,600 to help elders in northern Lake County have rides to medical appointments, get their groceries, and have friendly visitors. Over and over again our care receivers tell us that these simple services contribute to their being able to live independently.
THANK YOU to all who made our 2nd Annual Rides for Elders™ Car Show so successful!!! Special thanks to Gerry Cook and the Mis-Shifts Car club, transportation volunteer Paul Kasik, who spearheaded our sponsorship efforts and the rest of our car show committee: Ray and Linda Salata, Jonni Rose Luckenbill-Bowles, and Cheryl Ptasienski of CherDan Event Consultants. Without your help the event would not have happened!
Here are just a few of the highlights.
Director's Choice 2011 - 1964 1/2 Ford Mustang (baby blue!)
Best in Show 2011 - 1954 Chevy Bel Aire (2 door)
People's Choice 2011 1940 Ford Coupe - How fast can it go???
Special thanks to our:
Banner Sponsors - Consumers Cooperative Credit Union, Nor States Bank, Village at Victory Lakes, Gurnee Meadows and R&M Auto Body
Trophy Sponsors -
J. Davila and Associates (9 Best in Class Trophies),
Visiting Angels (3 Best in Class), Conrad's Harley Davidson (3 Best in Class)
Kune's Country Ford-Lincoln-Mercury (Director's Choice and Best in Show),
CherDan Event Consultants (People's Choice)
People's Choice in honor of Helen Efinger Helgren (1924-2011) - daughter, wife, mother, chemist, teacher, artist master gardener, community organizer - who did all she did for the glory of God!
Once again the young ladies from the Northern Illinois Scholarship Pagent Program were an invaluable help!
Students from Gerry Cook's Professional Martial Arts School gave a demonstration - VERY impressive!
- May 24, 2011 Lake County Council for Seniors Award Luncheon
ElderCARE Volunteer Mary McCoy (r) honored as an Outstanding SeniorVolunteer!
- May 3, 2011 ElderCARE Volunteer Recognition Luncheon
Lot's of good conversation cand lot's of FUN!!!
Volunteers who joined us for our Appreciation Luncheon on Tuesday, May 3 enjoyed a real treat.
- Delicious lunch provided by CherDan Event Consultants
- Caryl Derenfeld of Learned Communication showed us what a difference a little laughter can make!
Jane remarked, "Thank you so much for planning the volunteer appreciation luncheon. It was delicious! Please tell the cook. The Laughter Yoga was interesting, a new concept for me."
- August 14, 2010 Rides for Elders
Thanks for Joining Us!
1st Annual ElderCARE Benefit Car Show
Christ Church 410 Grand Ave, Waukegan, IL 60085
Special thanks to the Mis-Shifts Car Club, the young ladies from the Northern Illinois Scholarship Program, our sponsors, ElderCARE Volunteers and of course all those who brought their cars to the show for helping to make the event so fun AND successful!
May 18, 2010 Lake County Council for Seniors Award Luncheon
Anne Frost was honored with the Outstanding Senior Volunteer Award by the Lake County Council for Seniors. It was a lot of fun.
Anne was joined by her family.
Elvis making Anne feel special!
Last fall we had a Rake n’ Run with St. Martin de Porres High School, where we raked a lot and had a ton of fun!
Other school groups participating in this year’s Rake n’ Run include:
- Warren Township High School Students of Service
410 Grand Avenue
Waukegan, IL 60085
(847) 406-4683 (Phone)
(847) 406-4685 (Fax)